Infinity Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic instruction

Go down

Basic instruction Empty Basic instruction

Post by Play Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:11 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of forum Roleplay!

Here are a few quick tips that will help you get started.

1. Always read the rules and lore! It is tempting to skim the boring stuff or ignore it completely, but you will always feel a step behind the rest of us if you do not read the lore. I tried to keep it fairly short so do yourself a favor and read it.

2. Ask questions! It is perfectly okay to admit that you do not know something. We ALL started out knowing nothing. If you ask for help and someone makes you feel dumb, tell me and I will do terrible tings to them...TERRIBLE THINGS!!! Kidding, but tell me and I will handle it. Questions are always good.

3. Do not form bad habits! One of the worst things you can do is start off with bad form.

•Skimming- Reading the first line or two of posts or character sheet then skipping the rest. Bad idea!

•Godmoding and metagaming- Doing things your character is not able to do or acting as though you know things that your character should not know. It is okay if you are not always the toughest or best character. Flaws and weakness = Drama, and in RPs, drama is good.

•Selfishness- This is COOPERATIVE story telling. It is meant to be fun for everyone. Consider others while writing your posts.
Play
Play
Admin
Admin

https://infinityisland.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Basic instruction Empty Re: Basic instruction

Post by Play Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 am

RP= Roleplay

OOC= Out Of Character

IC= In Character

PC= Player Character. Characters that are actually played by real people. Like your character will be a PC.

NPC= Non-player Character. Characters that we create, but that are not specifically controlled by any one person. An example of this might be a merchant in a city that your character stops and talks to. NPCs do not need Characters Sheets, though it is possible to create one for them (with prior approval).

WIP= Work In Progress

Godmoding= performing actions that your character should not be capable of doing. (A normal human lifting a car above his head would be godmoding)

Metagaming= Knowing things you should not know. (If someone else thinks I sure am hungry! in their head, but they do not say it out loud. Then your character does not know that they are hungry... unless he/she can read thoughts. The point is, do not hand them a sandwich in the next post. They thought about being hungry, only they know about it.

Spamming= Posting multiple messages that are the same or pointless. Do this and I will ban you. (Unless I feel you would benefit from a warning first)

Trolling= Saying things just to get a reaction out of people. This may be kind of alright IC, like if you are playing a character that is meant to be obnoxious, but you really have to use your common sense here. Remember that we are all here to have fun. Also remember that if you get on my nerves, I will destroy your very existence! jkjkjk

Last edited by Play on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Play
Play
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Play Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:24 am

Walkthough for making a new character

Starting from the Home page

Click Roleplay-
Basic instruction KzJGYR7

Then click OOC Roleplay-
Basic instruction XSGNpHt

Then scroll down a little and click CS Template-
Basic instruction UR93Dye

Copy and paste the contents of the Code box-
Basic instruction 4xLfPXc

Click the Back button on your browser

Click Character Sheets
Basic instruction XcF0rSd

Click New Topic-
Basic instruction 4AF1KGj

This is where you will post your finished Character Sheet. If you wish you post an unfinished one and finish it later, put "WIP" at the bottom.

Remember, you cannot screw up so bad that it cannot be fixed. There is literally nothing you can do that I cannot fix. So take it easy and have fun!
Play
Play
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum